Trying to buy that special someone a gorgeous steel-boned corset for the holidays, but aren’t sure where to start? We’re here to help!
Unfortunately, corset sizing isn’t the same as dress, top, or even lingerie sizing. Fortunately, we’ll show you what you’ll need to do to get the right info.
What you’ll need:
- Flexible Measuring Tape
- String and regular measuring tape
Using a flexible measuring tape, you’ll need to measure around the corset wearer’s bust, waist, and hips in inches. If you don’t have a flexible measuring tape, use a piece of string or shoelace to wrap around the body, and then measure the points with a flat ruler/measuring tape. Check out our graphic for help determining where exactly those points are on the body.
- Bust: Hold the measuring tape even around the nipple line
- Waist: to find the natural waist, tip sideways (as if you were performing I’m a Little Teapot”). The line to measure is the point at which your body bends; this should be the narrowest point on your torso. Your natural waist is generally about two inches above your belly button
- Hips: Feel around to where your hip bone protrudes and measure the line all the way around.
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or for someone else, finding the right size is easier if you’re able to answer the following questions:
- What bra cup size does the person wear?
- Do they tend to have a short, average, or longer torso?
Once you have these three numbers, stop by Lotus Blooms and let one of our trained educators walk you through the choices! Or, send us an email at email@example.com asking for help.
If you just can’t wait to place your order, use the corset’s product description and this size chart to compare the measurements you took. Because true corset sizing depends on many factors- corset length, corset bust line, bust size, experience wearing corsets, etc.- the size chart is a simplified way to determine corset size. See our post on corset styles and body type to maximize the chances of finding the perfect fit!
|WAIST MEASUREMENT||CORSET SIZE|
|≈ 24”||Size 20|
|≈ 26”||Size 22|
|≈ 28”||Size 24|
|≈ 30”||Size 26|
|≈ 32”||Size 28|
|≈ 34”||Size 30|
|≈ 36”||Size 32|
|≈ 38”||Size 34|
|≈ 40”||Size 36|
|≈ 44”||Size 38|
|≈ 46”||Size 40|
|≈ 48”||Size 42|
|≈ 50”||Size 44|